The first Update Rollup for System Center has been released and now it aslo include an update for Operations Manager 2012. It mostly fixes bugs, but also adds support for Oracle Solaris 11. (It’s called Update Rollup (UR) instead of Cumulative Update (CU) nowadays.)
Issues that has been fixed for Windows monitoring:
- Environment crashes in Operations Manager because of RoleInstanceStatusProbe module in AzureMP.
- When multiple (two or three) consoles are running on the same computer under the same user account, the consoles may crash.
- You cannot start or stop tracing for Reporting and Web Console if they were installed to a stand-alone server that is running IIS.
- Connected Group alert viewing is not working, but no error is given in console.
- Task result – CompletedWithInfo not supported with the SDK2007 assemblies.
- SeriesFactory and Microsoft.SystemCenter.Visualization.
- DatatoSeriesController have to be public to give the controls extensibility and reuse.
- WebConsole is not FIPS compliant out of the box.
- Network Dashboard should overlay Availability when displaying health state.
- Dashboards: Group picker does not show all groups in large environment.
- IIS Discovery: Prevent GetAdminSection from failing when framework version was detected incorrectly by IIS API.
- Performance Counters are not displayed in the Application list view of AppDiagnostics.
- Console crashes when state view with self-contained object class is opened. PerformanceWidget displays stale “last value” in the legend because of core data access DataModel.
- Availability Report and “Computer Not Reachable” Monitor display incorrect data.
- Agent install fails on Win8 Core because of dependency on the .NET Framework 2.0. Web Services Availability Monitoring Wizard – Console crashes if the wizard finishes before a test has finished.
- Several Windows PowerShell changes are needed:
- Changed License parameter in Get-SCOMAccessLicense to ShowLicense
- Changed SCOMConnectorForTier cmdlets to SCOMTierConnector
- Some formatting changes
Issues fixed for *nix monitoring:
- Schannel error events are logged to the System log on Operations Manager Management servers and on gateways that manage UNIX/Linux agents.
- On HP-UX, Operations Manager cannot discover and monitor a logical volume composed of more than 127 physical volumes.
- Upgrade of UNIX and Linux agents fails when using Run As credentials in the Agent Upgrade Wizard or Update-SCXAgent Windows PowerShell cmdlet.